The Department of Health has today published "Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2022 - 2023".
This publication presents analyses on a range of community activity gathered from HSC Trusts, and includes topics such as domiciliary care, re-ablement, meals on wheels, audiology services, day care, and accommodation services.
Key Facts and Figures:
- at 30 June 2023, 11,914 residential and nursing home care packages were in effect.
- of the 11,914 care packages in effect, over two thirds (69%) were nursing home care packages and under one third (31%) were residential care packages.
- 306 persons, on average, were starting re-ablement service each month across Northern Ireland in 2022/23.
- at 31 March 2023, 924 persons were in receipt of meals on wheels services.
- at 31 March 2023, 5,118 persons were registered at statutory day care facilities.