The Department for the Economy today published a statistical report presenting a range of analysis on the Northern Ireland High Street Scheme.
Part 1 of the report presents information taken directly from the High Street Scheme Spend database, and includes figures on spend, transactions and location of transactions. Part 2 relates to the mapping of Merchant Category Codes to Standard Industrial Classification Codes.
At 27 January 2022:
- total spend on Spend Local cards was Pound 136.5 million.
- total number of transactions was 3,713,609.
- average amount spent on activated cards was Pound 97.94.
- busiest day of transactions was Sunday 14 November 2021 with 104,477 transactions.
- busiest day of spend, not including refunds, was Sunday 14 November 2021 with Pound 4.0 million spent.
- of the Pound 136.5 million spent, Pound 84.9 million (62%) was spent in businesses required by Regulations to close during 2020.
- the vast majority (97%) of all spend was accounted for by businesses in 4 industrial sectors with 87% (Pound 118m) spent in retail businesses with a further Pound 10m (8%) spent in accommodation and food service businesses, Pound 4m (3%) spent on other service activities, and Pound 1m (1%) in professional, scientific and technical businesses.